Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Build it and they will come

      The process of building my business has made me realize by God's design we are builders. Noah built the ark, Peter built the church and Kevin Costner built a baseball field in the middle of an Iowa cornfield. I received a letter yesterday from a young man of how much I inspired him and he reminded me of my christian namesake and how he thought it was fitting. Very humbled, brought these thoughts.
Matthew 16:18 NIV "And I tell you that you are Peter and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it"
A seminar yesterday morning gave the suggestion that to build a successful business you have a vision of where you are going and what you are building.
      My dream is to help people become their best physically, mentally and spiritually, all keys to to being successful as an athlete and in life.
1 Corinthians  6:19 NIV  "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God. You are not your own."
Then it came to me that to build a business is not just to build a team of athletes but to build a team of coaches with teams of athletes.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 NIV  "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up. Just as in fact you are doing"
Our mission is to build others up, paying forward those are the strong friends who will carry you when you are weak. I have experienced this in races as well as life challenges.
      The foundation you are building on is also very important, if God is the foundation the results will be good.
Matthew 7:26 NIV  "But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand"
This is the reason I am building my business on Christian values and my coaching on my experiences and that of many other great coaches and athletes.
      Go out and make the most out of what you have been given, make the world a better place.




 

1 comment:

  1. I love your mission, Peter! You will do great things!

    ReplyDelete