Thursday, March 14, 2013

Leap of Faith

      God has given me many blessings in my life with faith in his path in front of me being one of his greatest. This is one of those times that I have to rely on that faith. I was presented the opportunity to make my passion for running and serving people a carreer. I had to step out of my comfort zone and security of my sales carreer I had built the last seven and half years. I have many friends at the dealership and they were a great support network. Great things never come from easy decisions and this one was very tough.
      I had made the decision a several weeks ago and made the announcement at the end of February. Shock was the best description of the reaction but very supportive from my managers and co-workers. I will miss the daily interactions with these people, they are like family. I can say I have spent more collective hours with these people then I have with some of my related family. I am looking to find clients and athletes that I can build this kind of relationships with. I have had a great response from friends and family and many people expressed interest in training and coaching.
      I have heard it many times and I discussed with the gym owner when you love what you do every day it is not a job it is a passion. I have come to a point in my life that the value of time is measured by the quality of time spent with family and invested in others. You will not be remembered for the things you have done but the lives you have touched or changed. I plan to reach out to people who want to become all God has given them the potential to achieve. A marathon or ultra-marathon for some but to just run/walk a 5k for many, their goal will be my mission.
     

  

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That is a huge decision. Good luck Peter. I love that you are following your passion.

    ReplyDelete